Drain Master, Smart Sensing Valve Technology - S2VT- features a custom designed, slim profile, waterproof IP66 on-board electronic controller which handles 12VDC directly to the valve motor eliminating power loss regardless of the distance from the operator switch. The electronic controller opens or closes the valve in under a second. The movement is independent of the switch pressing time. Using high accuracy solid state sensors and feedback the controller stops the motor at the target position, vastly improving overall reliability and precision. The system is reverse polarity protected and features a power-on LED. At power up, the Green LED on the Controller lights up and the valve will home to 'safe' closed position. The 12 VDC connector is a standard Molex 2 Pin style. A waterproof 12 VDC 2 pin connector is an available option.
The included Double Switch Panel comes with 2 snap action, tactile switches in Black and Gray set in matching graphic outlines. Each has 2 LED lights - GREEN lights when valve is 'Closed', RED when valve is 'Open'. The panel features digitally imaged graphics protected by a clear, UV and wear resistant, overlay. It may be mounted inside the RV or in outside protected locations or compartments.
The included 20 Ft interface cables connect the switches to a controller port
on the respective valve. The small diameter interface cable is very easily routed.
The controller, connectors and interface cables are waterproof (IP 66 rated).
Each valve controller has 2 ports ensuring upgrade ability.
Adding a 2nd operator switch to one or both valves is a breeze and can be done at any time with the following items, sold separately
• Single switch, sealed IP66, Carlingtech: DM PN
PN 5787- DM30 - SVT, 1 per valve
• Double Switch panel, DM PN 5847- RV Dbl Sw Pnl , for 2 valves
Single switches and Double Switch Panel are functionally compatible giving complete flexibility of choice!
• IP 66 cable, 20 Ft: DM PN 5846-IP66 20' Rnd. Cable Ass. Custom cable lengths are available.
Often bought together optional accessories:
• DC 20 AMP System Master Switch DM PN 5890-DM30-20Amp SW- allows the system to be safely enabled or disabled
• Fuse Holder DM 5891-DM-Fuse Holder
• Glass fuse 5892-DM-Glass Fuse-FB-5 (5 Amp rating)
More information on pre-configured S2VT Valve kits, compatible products and optional accessories
is available at:
DM90 S2V Valve Configuration Guide.pdf
S2VT VALVE PN 5878-DM10-S2VT TECHNICAL DATA
• 12 V DC, 3’’ Full flow valve
• On board Electronics Controller with feedback gate position control.
• High accuracy Semiconductor position sensors
• IP 66 Compliant – water proof, sealed electronics & connectors
• Reverse Polarity protected
• Power-On safe ‘homing’ to closed position
• Operating time: 0.5 sec Typical at 12 V; 0.6 sec max
• Sensors provide Red (Open), Green (Closed) LED's status to operating switch
• 2 ports for 2 switches (2nd switch option)
• Port Interface: Waterproof IP66 connector, 13 mm Dia., 4 pin female, gold plated contacts, screw-on protective cap
• Compatible with 2 types of switches - for exposed or protected locations
• Green Power-On LED on the on board controller
• Back up Active motor safety: Internal timer 0.7- 0.8 seconds
• Voltage range: 10.8 volts – 14.4 Volts. 12 V Nominal
• Stand by current under 50 ma with 2 switch LEDS active
• Slim profile, under ½”, on-board controller – fits tight spaces
• Internal gearing: 303 Stainless steel, Swiss made
• Durable ABS, injection molded Valve Body and Parts
• Manual Override from both sides of valve with 1/8” allen key included
• Easily attached to 3" ABS male or female bolt-on flange fittings. Mounting HW included
• Adaptable to most pipe sizes with proper fittings
• Special Seals Included
• Lubricant Dow Corning 111 included
DOUBLE SWITCH PANEL: DM PN 5847- RV Dbl Sw Pnl TECHNICAL DATA
• Type: Flush mount, with 2 switches and custom PCB assembly
• Size: 4 Inch (W) x 3 Inch (H)
• Thickness 0.1 inch (100 mil)
• Material: Aluminum
• Graphics: Digitally imaged, color legends and outlines
• Overlay: 10 mil clear polycarbonate, UV and wear resistant
• Mounting holes: 0.13 inch dia. x 4, located 0.30 inch x 0.30 inch from corners
• Max mounting panel thickness: 0.269 inch [6.83 mm]
• Rear clearance: 0.80 inch [20.26 mm] measured from front of mounting panel (panel seating surface)
• Type: Hinged, Tactile, Snap Action
• Color: 1 Black, 1 Gray
• Size: 0.7 Inch (H) x 0.5 Inch (W), [18 mm (H) x 12 mm (W)]
• Interface: 2 x 6/4 RJ 11 sockets (1 per switch), gold plated contacts, mounted on rear PCB assembly.
• Actuating force: Apr. 4.5 Oz, [130 gms.]
• Actuating stroke: 0.016 Inch (16 mil), [0.4 mm]
• Illumination: Internal Bright RED and GREEN LEDs, ballasted for 12 V
• Operating life: > 100,000 cycles
IP66 CABLE DM PN 5846-IP66 20’ Rnd. Cable Ass TECHNICAL DATA
• Type: Telephone, FT4, Cat 3
• Core: 4
• Wire: Solid copper, 24 AWG individually insulated, white outer sheath
• Cable OD: 3.5 mm [0.140 inch]
• Length; 20 Ft std.; Custom lengths available
• Temp Rating: 60 Deg C
• Voltage rating: 150V
• Controller interface: 4 pin Male, Gold plated connector, 13mm Dia, Sealed Waterproof IP66, with screw-on protective cap
• Switch interface: 6/4 RJ11 Plug, Gold plated, for solid core round wire.
S2VT Valve Installation Instructions
Use the links below to S2VT Companion Documents.
Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
DM 88 S2VT Install Instructions
DM 89 S2VT Switch and IP 66 Cable Installation
DM 91 S2VT Wiring Diagram
PDF Files open in a new window - view in browser or save for off-line viewing or printing.
Application information on S2VT valve kits, products and accessories is available at:
DM 90 S2VT Valve configuration guide
PDF Files open in a new window - view in browser or save for off-line viewing or printing