Drain Master, Smart Sensing Valve Technology - S2VT- features a custom designed, slim profile, waterproof IP66 on-board electronic controller which handles 12VDC directly to the valve motor eliminating power loss regardless of the distance from the operator switch. The electronic controller opens or closes the valve in under a second. The movement is independent of the switch pressing time. Using high accuracy solid state sensors and feedback the controller stops the motor at the target position, vastly improving overall reliability and precision. The system is reverse polarity protected and features a power-on LED. At power up, the Green LED on the Controller lights up and the valve will home to 'safe' closed position. The 12 VDC connector is a standard Molex 2 Pin style. A waterproof 12 VDC 2 pin connector is an available option.
2 operator switches are included, each with two LEDs - GREEN when the valve is closed, RED when the valve is Open. The switches are sealed, rated IP66 and can be mounted in any location, on any kind of RV. For example, 1 switch may be located on the outside panel or other convenient location and the 2nd switch located inside the RV. This allows the valve to be operated from either location and regardless of which switch is used the status is indicated in both.
The included 20 Ft interface cables connect the switches to the dual port controller. The controller, connectors and interface cables are waterproof (IP 66 rated). The small round interface cables are easy to layout and route. Custom cable lengths are available.
Often bought together optional accessories:
• DC 20 AMP System Master Switch DM PN 5890-DM30-20Amp SW- allows the system to be safely enabled or disabled
• Fuse Holder DM 5891-DM-Fuse Holder
• Glass fuse 5892-DM-Glass Fuse-FB-5 (5 Amp rating)
More information on pre-configured S2VT Valve kits, compatible products and optional accessories
is available at:
DM90 S2VT Valve Configuration Guide.pdf
S2VT VALVE PN 5878-DM10-S2VT TECHNICAL DATA
• 12 V DC, 3’’ Full flow valve
• On board Electronics Controller with feedback gate position control.
• High accuracy Semiconductor position sensors
• IP 66 Compliant – water proof, sealed electronics & connectors
• Reverse Polarity protected
• Power-On safe ‘homing’ to closed position
• Operating time: 0.5 sec Typical at 12 V; 0.6 sec max
• Sensors provide Red (Open), Green (Closed) LEDs status to operating switch
• 2 ports for 2 switches (2nd switch option)
• Port Interface: Waterproof IP66 connector, 13 mm Dia., 4 pin female, gold plated contacts, screw-on protective cap
• Compatible with 2 types of switches - for exposed or protected locations
• Green Power-On LED on the on board controller
• Back up Active motor safety: Internal timer 0.7- 0.8 seconds
• Voltage range: 10.8 volts – 14.4 Volts. 12 V Nominal
• Stand by current under 50 ma with 2 switch LEDS active
• Slim profile, under ½”, on-board controller – fits tight spaces
• Internal gearing: 303 Stainless steel, Swiss made
• Durable ABS, injection molded Valve Body and Parts
• Manual Override from both sides of valve with 1/8” allen key included
• Easily attached to 3" ABS male or female bolt-on flange fittings. Mounting HW included
• Adaptable to most pipe sizes with proper fittings
• Special Seals Included
• Lubricant Dow Corning 111 included
SINGLE SWITCH PN 5787- DM30 - SVT TECHNICAL DATA
• Type: Flush mount, momentary contact rocker with custom PCB assembly
• Sealing: Switch sealed with dual seals around LEDs and rocker stem
• IP rating: IP66 & IP68 from front panel
• Hole cutout: Industry standard 0.830” x 1.450” hole.
• Panel thickness (direct panel mount): Min: 0.030 inch [0.76mm] Max: 0.187 inch [4.75 mm]
• Panel thickness (optional dress plate mount): Max: 1 inch [25.4 mm]
• Rear clearance requirement: 1.92 Inch measured from front of panel (switch seating surface)
• Interface: Rear PCB assembly with 6/4 RJ 11 socket, gold plated contacts
• Actuator: Aesthetic symmetrically curved, black nylon
• Actuating force: 460 grams +/- 30, [4.5 N +/- 0.3]
• Actuating distance to rocker center: 20 mm
• Illumination: Internal Bright RED and GREEN LEDs, ballasted for 12 V
• Lens - Dual prismatic, clear polycarbonate set in rocker
• Operating life: 50,000 cycles min
• Industry certification: Switch meets MIL Std 202F, MIL Std 810C, UL 1500, ISO 8846, IEC 60529 and BS 5490
IP66 CABLE DM PN 5846-IP66 20’ Rnd. Cable Ass TECHNICAL DATA
• Type: Telephone, FT4, Cat 3
• Core: 4
• Wire: Solid copper, 24 AWG individually insulated, white outer sheath
• Cable OD: 3.5 mm [0.140 inch]
• Length: 20 Ft std.; Custom lengths available
• Temp Rating: 60 Deg C
• Voltage rating: 150V
• Controller interface: Waterproof IP66 connector, 13 mm Dia., 4 pin male, gold plated contacts, screw-on protective cap
• Switch interface: 6/4 RJ11 Plug, Gold plated contacts, for solid core round wire.
S2VT Valve Installation Instructions
Use the links below to S2VT Companion Documents.
Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
DM 88 S2VT Install Instructions
DM 89 S2VT Switch and IP 66 Cable Installation
DM 91 S2VT Wiring Diagram
PDF Files open in a new window - view in browser or save for off-line viewing or printing.
Application information on S2VT valve kits, products and accessories is available at:
DM 90 S2VT Valve configuration guide
PDF Files open in a new window - view in browser or save for off-line viewing or printing